1. Support the Fund – Become an Annual or Life Member
Support the Comforts Fund by becoming an annual or life member. The Comforts Fund will update you regularly of news and developments involving the fund and the work it is carrying out. The fund will contact you when there are fund-raising events and ask for help if you are able.
If you would like to become a member please complete the application form below. You will receive a confirmation within a few days, together with details of how to pay.
2. Attend or Help at Social Events
The Comforts regularly holds fund-raising events which have included hosting concerts, organising street collections, and sponsored lunches. You can support the Comforts Fund by offering to help in any way at the events. Interested in helping? Please contact us. We will always offer our helpers support such as providing transport to and from any events if needed.
3. Organize a Sponsorship Event
You may want to organise an event to raise money for the Comforts Fund. Such events can include
- sponsored swim, bike-ride or walk
- charity auction
There are many more events that supporters can organize for fund-raising. Even just organising a raffle at a social event will be of great help. Contact us to discuss your ideas.
Organisations that have organised events include
4. New Events
There are no events planned at the moment but this site will be updated as soon as any news becomes available.
- Sid Valley Admiral Nurse Campaign Lunch at the Sidmouth Harbour Hotel on 6th August. The guest speaker was author Jane Corry. A prize raffle raised over £400 for the Admiral Nurse Campaign for the Sidmouth Memory Cafe.
- On Friday 17 June the street collection “Flag Day” in Sidmouth raised a magnificent £904 for the Hospital Comforts Fund.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Comforts Fund was held on on Thursday 14 April 2016 at All Saints Hall. The guest speaker was Rachel Johnstone spoke about the Sid Valley Memory Cafe and the appeal for an Admiral Nurse.
East Devon Diary
Details of forthcoming events will also be published in the East Devon Hub available in the East Devon Diary. Click here for more details.